Sunday, October 7, 2012


I am so glad I had the chance to come home this weekend. It was homecoming at Western, but it was also homecoming here, and I really didn’t want to miss it. Our hometown hero, Travis Mills, came home for the first time since an IED explosion caused him to lose both of his arms and legs last April. Now he has prosthetics for his arms and legs and he is able to walk. He has made a lot of progress. Travis is very popular and loved by our community. He was a friend of my brother and was always friendly and caring. He is a huge inspiration to our little town and everyone else. I had a great time at the parade and game, and seeing Travis and his family there, and all my high school friends. I’m so thankful for growing up in such a close, loving community.

No comments:

Post a Comment